- 1961 -
I use motifs of natural scenery that I've seen in the mountains or by the sea which I have been moved by for my designs. I create my artwork with makie techniques as well as my original ideas, using raden (mother-of-pearl), gold and silver powder, and other various material.
|Membership||Full member, Japan Kogei Association
Manager of the Japan Kōgei Association Lacquerware Department
Executive Director of the Japan Kōgei Association, Ishikawa Branch
Assistant lecturer at Wajima Urushi Art Technical Training Center
Member of the Wajima Lacquerware Techniques Preservation Society
- 1961 Born in Wajima CIty.
- 1980 Studied under makie artist Tetsugoro Suzutani (– 1985)
- 1985 Studied under lacquerware artist Noriaki Okado (– 1986)
- 1990 Studied at Wajima Urushi Art Technical Training Center (– 1993)
- 1991 Submitted to and selected for the first time at the 39th Japan Traditional Kōgei Exhibition (selected 26 times from this year onward)
- 2000 Submitted to the "Traditional Arts and Crafts of Ishikawa Japan, Beijing Exhibition" at the National Art Museum of China
- 2006 Assistant lecturer at Wajima Urushi Art Technical Training Center (up to now)
- 2018 Evaluator and judge for the initial screening at the 65th Japan Traditional Kōgei Exhibition
Evaluator for the initial screening at the 59th Ishikawa Traditional Kōgei Exhibition
Submitted to the Lacquerware Traditional Kōgei Exhibition 35th Anniversary "URUSHI Tradition and Innovation"
- 2021 Evaluator for the 38th Lacquerware Traditional Kōgei Exhibition
- 2009Received the Hokkoku Shimbun President Award at the 50th Ishikawa Traditional Kōgei Exhibition
- 2013Received the Incentive Award / Wajima Museum of Urushi Art Award at the 30th Lacquerware Traditional Kōgei Exhibition
- 2014Received the MEXT Award at the 61st Japan Traditional Kōgei Exhibition
- 2017Received the Japan Kogei Association Incentive Award at the 64th Japan Traditional Kōgei Exhibition
- 2020Received the Incentive Award / Wajima Museum of Urushi Art Award at the 37th Lacquerware Traditional Kōgei Exhibition
- 2022Received the Incentive Award / Kumamoto Prefectural Traditional Crafts Center Award at the 39th Lacquerware Traditional Kōgei Exhibition
- National Crafts Museum
- Wajima Museum of Urushi Art
$ 2,000 - 21,000
The prices of the artworks on Gallery Japan are determined by the artists themselves and are published directly on the website.