- 1955 -
I produce my artwork using techniques and material that have been passed down for generations locally. I also try to use local items for my designs.
|Membership||Full member, Japan Kogei Association
Chairman of the Aizu Lacquerware Techniques Preservation Society
- 1979 Graduated from Musashino Art University, College of Art and Design, Department of Entertainment Design (current Department of Scenography, Display and Fashion Design), Display Design major
- 2019 Dedicated the "Tamenuri Chalice with Cherry Tree Foliage Design in Makie" to the Pope in commemoration of his visit to Japan
- 1992Received the Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education Award at the 33rd Traditional Kōgei New Works Exhibition
- 1998Received the Asahi Shimbun Award at the 39th Traditional Kōgei New Works Exhibition
- 2016Received the MOA Museum of Art Award at the 34th Lacquerware Traditional Kōgei Exhibition
Received the Tohoku Bureau of Economy, Trade and Industry Director General Award
- 2020Received the Japan Kōgei Association President Award at the 67th Japan Traditional Kōgei Exhibition
Received the Takamatsu Art Museum Award at the 38th Lacquerware Traditional Kōgei Exhibition
- 2022Received the MOA Museum of Art Award at the 39th Lacquerware Traditional Kōgei Exhibition
Received the Japan Kōgei Association Important Intangible Cultural Property Holder Award at the 69th Japan Traditional Kōgei Exhibition
$ 3,000 - 11,000
The prices of the artworks on Gallery Japan are determined by the artists themselves and are published directly on the website.