- 1954 -
I make boxes using the harinuki techinique; a technique setting approximately 25 sheets of Japanese traditional paper on a wooden mold, applying lacquer and forming into a box. I apply wrinkled paper on the box and make patterns, and I finish the box by applying jewel beetles and shells.
|Membership||Full member, Japan Kogei Association
- 1954 Born in Nantan City, Kyoto Prefecture
- 1985 Selected for the Kinki Traditional Kōgei Exhibition (selected 20 times from this year onward)
- 1989 Selected for the Japan Traditional Kōgei Exhibition for the first time (selected 7 times from this year onward)
- 1991Received the Incentive Award at the Kinki Traditional Kōgei Exhibition
- 2020Received the NHK Chairman Award at the 67th Japan Traditional Kōgei Exhibition
$ 3,000 - 14,000
The prices of the artworks on Gallery Japan are determined by the artists themselves and are published directly on the website.